living without global variables

From: Bryan Henderson <bryanh_at_giraffe-data.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:41:37 +0100

Any status on my patch to remove libcurl's dependence on global variables?

Incidentally, I've made some progress on my efforts to propagate the
global variable avoidance into the SSL libraries (without which
libcurl with my patch will not do SSL unless you permit it to use
global variables). I found that there are LOTS of global variables in
OpenSSL and the code is pretty messy, whereas there are only two in
GnuTLS and they're very well contained. So I decided to work on
GnuTLS first, whereas I previously said I was going to do OpenSSL.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California