Re: small addition to easy.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:04:07 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Vadim Lebedev wrote:

> Well, i've reworked my patch for curl to recover last used HTTP socket
> taking critics into account

This looks much better, but I still have a few questions and remarks:

o Can you describe your use case for this feature?

o This code can also easily fail. Like if you first get a URL that leaves a
   connection alive, then you get a second using the same curl handle but from
   a server that makes a "Connection: close" as then your request to extract
   the socket will return the one from the first request and not the most
   recent one that I bet the user would expect.

o Why is this function limited to "HTTP sockets"?

o Are you aware that the HTTP bit is also set for HTTPS connections?