Re: zlib and crypto in configure

From: Gregory Holden <gregory.holden_at_crsoftwareinc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:51:08 -0500

On Dec 23, 2005, at 2:48 PM, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:10:43PM -0500, Gregory Holden wrote:
>
> Which configure script? What version of curl are you compiling? There
> was a problem some time back where it would ignore the specified path
> under some conditions.

Sorry the configure script is the main configure script:
*configure*; make; make install

This is version curl-7.15.1.tar.gz Latest and greatest. :)

>> I stuck a "-lz" and "-L/devhome/gregory/zlib" in the configure compile
>> and now everything works fine.
>
> What is the output of "pkg-config --libs openssl"? Do you have a
> libssl.la
> file sitting around somewhere?

No libssl.la

Output from pkg-config:
-L/devhome/gregory/openssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz

which is very interesting, as it has the "-lz"

I double checked my PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
Set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH right onto the openssl pkgconfig directory,
still the same response, tho.

When looking at the configure, it appears
the pkgconfig is ignored if you set the --with-ssl=some/where/else/

Found this in the change log (which is probably only loosely related):
Fixed in 7.12.2 - Oct 18 2004
configure --with-ssl=PATH now ignores pkg-config path info

case "$OPT_SSL" in
  *)
     PKGTEST="no"
     PREFIX_OPENSSL=$OPT_SSL
     LIB_OPENSSL="$PREFIX_OPENSSL/lib$libsuff"
     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L$LIB_OPENSSL"
     CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I$PREFIX_OPENSSL/include/openssl
-I$PREFIX_OPENSSL/include"

> Dan
> --
> http://www.MoveAnnouncer.com The web change of address
> service
> Let webmasters know that your web site has moved

Thanks for the help,
GH