Re: FTP over HTTP Proxy with CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:57:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Mike Jean wrote:

> first, libcurl is a very nice library.

Thanks!

> The first problem occurs while opening the ftp data channel. The CONNECT is
> send over the first socket which is connected as command channel. So I
> didn't get the second connection for data. I tried to fix this within the
> attached patch.

Oh. What a silly thing to do... I'll study your patch closer within a few days
and I might get back with some comments on the actual approach then. It does
however sound like you're on the proper track.

> The second problem occurs while freeing memory. The function add_buffer_send
> writes behind a memory block. conn->proto.http is a "struct FTP" but the
> function cast the pointer to struct HTTP and then it does the following:
> http->sending = HTTPSEND_BODY; But struct HTTP is bigger then struct FTP.
> Something must be wrong with this function or with my configuration. (FTP
> download via HTTP CONNECT tunneling)

Ugha. Does it show that we have no test cases for things like this? :-O Here
too I get the feeling you've hit your head on the nail.

So, with your patches applied, did I understand you correctly that this
feature then works fine for you?

Thanks for the patch and detailed analysis!