Re: Stripped keep-alive header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:28:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Allen Chan wrote:

> I used CURLOPT_URL then CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, but the problem is after
> the connect sequence it will issue a GET, that's why I used
> CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST to change that GET into something not recognized thus
> unparsable by the server/proxy.

Oh. So you want a CONNECT through, and then _nothing_ sent to the remote
server?

But Ok, you should be able to do CUSTOMREQUEST just fine to change the GET
into something else. Your problem could possibly have been that you set a
string that isn't around when libcurl wants to use it?

> I guess the proper question would be, is there a way to omit that GET
> entirely and just leave me with the connected session?

No, there is not. libcurl is for transfers and just connecting through a proxy
is no transfer... That said, if you have a fair use case and feel like adding
such an option, we might very well agree with it.

> Also, I might be wrong here but CURLOPT_PROXYTUNNEL doesn't seem to be
> defined.

My bad.