Re: Stripped keep-alive header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:29:52 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Allen Chan wrote:

> Yes, I have actually also already made some changes to extract the socket
> and have started on extracting the local port. I am just not sure though if
> it will be well-received since it exposes low-level layers.

There seems to be an audience interested in such lower-level functionality.

The best approach would possibly be to consider the whole concept first and
suggest/discuss the functions/modifictaions and new API on a pure theoretical
level. "What functions are needed to do what, and how would an app use them".

I'm also requiring docs to accompany new functions, and if we are to add
lower-level functions in libcurl I also want them to somehow be easily
reocognizable and "grouped" so that people don't confuse and mix functions of
different "levels" and use. I'd say using the term "interface" and a prefix
for it matches how we've done things like this before. Like how easy, multi
and share are different interfaces to libcurl and quite easily disinguishable
from each other.

> 3. Extract the local port
> - about 1/4 finished as of now, any pointers? I'm looking at the
> connectdata struct.

libcurl doesn't use the local port for anything so it doesn't extract it.
You need to add that.