Re: Stripped keep-alive header

From: Allen Chan <innovation101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:45:32 +0900

On 1/13/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Allen Chan wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have actually also already made some changes to extract the socket
> > and have started on extracting the local port. I am just not sure though if
> > it will be well-received since it exposes low-level layers.
>
> There seems to be an audience interested in such lower-level functionality.
>
> The best approach would possibly be to consider the whole concept first and
> suggest/discuss the functions/modifictaions and new API on a pure theoretical
> level. "What functions are needed to do what, and how would an app use them".
>
> I'm also requiring docs to accompany new functions, and if we are to add
> lower-level functions in libcurl I also want them to somehow be easily
> reocognizable and "grouped" so that people don't confuse and mix functions of
> different "levels" and use. I'd say using the term "interface" and a prefix
> for it matches how we've done things like this before. Like how easy, multi
> and share are different interfaces to libcurl and quite easily disinguishable
> from each other.

okay, how about the prefix "raw"?

So far these are what I have and how i call them:

curl_easy_setopt(http_handle, CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY, 1);
curl_easy_getinfo(http_handle, CURLINFO_HTTP_SOCKET, &s);
curl_easy_getinfo(http_handle, CURLINFO_HTTP_PORT, &port);

As you mentioned before, the HTTP might be a misnomer right, but I
used it to mean tunneling through an HTTP proxy.

The above are already fully functional

> > 3. Extract the local port
> > - about 1/4 finished as of now, any pointers? I'm looking at the
> > connectdata struct.
>
> libcurl doesn't use the local port for anything so it doesn't extract it.
> You need to add that.

Yes, done.

I'm currently working on a function for specifying the port for curl to use.
No structures have so far been modifed other than for the enums. I was
thinking of storing the port and handle somewhere but decided against
it.

Btw, how do i send this in? What diff program do you use?