Digest authentication through HTTP Proxy

From: Allen Chan <innovation101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:22:07 +0900

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Is anyone currently using Digest auth through
HTTP Proxy? I was testing each from Basic through NTLM, and it seems
that Digest fails whether using tunneling or not.

What happens in my case is:

1. Curl connect to proxy
2. Proxy replies 407
3. Curl tries again with the digest auth
4. Proxy replies 407

I'm suspecting username/password error, but it's thesame one i use
with NTLM (no domain specified just username:password) and that one
doesn't fail.

Also, I was just wondering why there is an extra trip before curl
sends the auth...

Thanks guy, I really appreciate the help. Much respect to you all.

Allen