Re: fetching data to the browser

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:53:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Manuel Arguelles wrote:

> I have noticed that with some web browsers when I fetch a web page with
> libcurl and pass it to it, I get unknown response, with links or lynx for
> example, while with mozilla works fine.

Um, I'm not sure I understand completely what you're saying. You mean that
libcurl, links and lynx get a different response than what Mozilla does?

> I'm setting the CURLOPT_HEADER, libcurl should return the same that a
> browser will get... am I right?

Not necessarily. Many many servers respond with different contents to
different browsers, based on heuristics mostly involving parsing the
user-agent string but sometimes being more involved than so.