RE: Digest authentication through HTTP Proxy

From: Shmulik Regev <shmulbox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:37:56 +0200

> Just a quick question. Is anyone currently using Digest auth through
> HTTP Proxy? I was testing each from Basic through NTLM, and it seems
> that Digest fails whether using tunneling or not.
Are you referring to proxy authentication or just authenticating against a web server through a proxy? If the later, we've been doing it for a while with no problems whatsoever. Error 407 suggests that your proxy requires authentication so yours is probably the first case. Silly suggestion, but did you use the PROXYAUTH curl option?

Cheers,
Shmulik Regev
Blue Security
http://www.bluesecurity.com