Re: uploaded file is of 0 bytes using FTP-SSL with libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:42:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Michael Jahn wrote:

> I think, the socket for uploading is closed to fast. It seems that there is
> data on the port waiting for transmitting but libcurl closes the socket to
> fast. So the data is discarded. If there is less then 4kbytes data to send
> the resulting filesize on the server will be 0.

I don't think so. If it would, *numerous* people would've reported this a long
time ago.

Besides, if a data connection is "chopped" too early when doing FTP upload,
the server wouldn't know it was too early so it would treat it as
end-of-transfer and would most certainly not discard anything of the already
transfered data. Closing the data connection is the only end-of-transfer
signal there is for FTP.