Re: Handling SPNEGO: WAS: Re: Building with Kerberos on

From: <oppermana_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 05:12:48 -0500

Excellent!! That did the trick - should have realised as this was a pre-req for curl.

Btw, for ref - if others wan't to use this too, the curl command line I used was:

curl -s -k -b cookie.jar -c cookie.jar -u x:x --negotiate <url>

The site has self signed certs and maintains session using cookies.

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, daniel_at_haxx.se wrote:
>On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, oppermana_at_netscape.net wrote:
>
>> I have curl working with SPNEGO on AIX, Linux and Windows (cygwin). However
>> I'm trying to code my own client to do SPNEGO, but this is not working yet.
>
>So what command line are you using with curl that works?
>
>> I've set the
>> authentication mechanism CURLAUTH_GSSNEGOTIATE (also tried CURLAUTH_ANY),
>> and am getting the SPNEGO challenge, but libcurl is not responding to this.
>
>You also need to set a user name to trigger the authentication within libcurl.
>For GSS/SPNEGO that user name isn't actually used, but it doesn't consider any
>auth unless the user name is set!
>
>--
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!