Re: Re: Re: FTP CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE with CURLOPT_NOBODY bug ?

From: Philippe Vaucher <pvaucher_at_infomaniak.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:40:04 +0100

>Yes, and I still thinks this indicates a serious confusion somewhere. That is
>not a valid return code for FTP. Why do you say its not and then say you get
>the error? I didn't claim the confusion would be in your code: it looks like a
>libcurl problem based on your log outputs.

Oh, my bad.

>That's indeed what I suggest. You mention a deadline. That probably >means you get paid for working on this. I don't. And I don't have a >deadline.

I'm not paid. We are on a big open source project where we use curl, and this project will probably do a lot of good for people doing free code like you :)

>I'll see if I can provoke the bug to happen in my end.

I'll see if I can dig into libcurl's source. I'll 1st check if it happens in a non threaded environnement, what I found so far is that if I remove CURLOPT_NOBODY, it works. If I use CURLOPT_QUOTE instead, it works ( but I have to CWD in the correct dir myself which I'd like to avoid ). If I use CURLOPT_FRESHCONNECT, it works too.

So the problem seems tied to CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE.

Thank you for your time anyway
Philippe