Re: [Fwd: Re: [cURLpp] cURLpp::Cleanup]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:57:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre wrote:

> Sorry for my last mail, I fowarded the wrong message. You're not stupid, I
> am! :P

>From John's mail:

> So I need to use setopt to make it so I can simply 'get' http messages until
> I'm done getting them. I assume the 'perform' in my while loop would get
> one message for each iteration. Is there an option that just tells curlpp
> to try to find an incoming message...if so, is it blocking or non-blocking
> (seems like this should be configurable)?

Ok, I switch to plain libcurl speak here as I'm not really familiar with
curlpp.

Yes, curl_easy_perform() is blocking and that's not configurable[1]. For
non-blocking requests, libcurl offers what we call the multi interface[2]. Of
course, you can also start new threads to run individual curl_easy_perform()
calls in to circumvent its blocking nature.

[1] = http://curlm.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html
[2] = http://curlm.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html