RE: Adding empty HTTP Headers to curl requests?

From: Cyrill Osterwalder <cyrill.osterwalder_at_seclutions.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:18:34 +0100

> No it doesn't! ;-(

First of all: thank your for the fast response!

>Yes, but the existing implemenation treat both these strings the same,
>and thus I fear that changing the behaviour for any of these will
>break a lot of programs and scripts out there...

I definitely agree that a quick-fix might break existing libcurl
applications. In the long run I guess libcurl should start to support
empty headers at some point.

> Opinions? Other ideas?

The best approach I have so far is to supply a header with an empty
value enclosed in double quotes:

EmptyHeader: ""

This header should be RFC conform and supposedly fulfills the
requirement of an empty header.

Any thoughts or suggestions about this approach? It works with libcurl.

Best regards

Cyrill