Re: libcurl debug symbols?

From: Legolas <legolas558_at_email.it>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:25:23 +0100

Daniel Stenberg ha scritto:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Legolas wrote:
>
>> Using libcurl v7.15.0 (win32 DLL) I get an access violation at
>> address 100189DE inherent to the LIBCURL module, I have pasted here
>> the disassembly.
>

> I don't think disassembly is gonna help us much. If you can show us a
> small piece of code that makes the problem happen we'll be able to do
> much more!

The problem is that the disassembly is relative to the libcurl module,
and no call stack of my program is available when the access violation
is triggered! I just thought that it was an exit-point of some internal
libcurl function returning a value (so perhaps somebody may recognise
its behaviour and tell me something more). I do not have any valuable
code snippet because the problem happens in an apparent random way after
hours of execution, so I cannot track back which piece of code is
responsible.

>> Or else can somebody please tell me how to download the source and
>> build such a library?
>

> Download source. Build libcurl as docs/INSTALL describes. Should be
> pretty straight-forward. If not, ask here when you need specific help.

I have downloaded the source (file by file!) from the CVS, I have
compiled successfully a debug version of the library (this will give me
much more information to track back the bug). I can send to anybody
interested the entire MSVC project upon request (as far as such a debug
package is not directly available online).

Thanks again

--
  Daniele C.