Re: ftps standard

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:57:36 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, azad amm wrote:

> I understand libcurl when used with FTPS option, encrypts both the control
> and data connection.

Actually you tell the desired level to libcurl.

> But is there a standard for FTPS?

Yes

> If yes where is this standard for FTPS described (is there any standard rfc
> describing FTPS. I saw one rfc4217 which mentions FTP with TLS, Is this
> "THE" standard for FTPS).

Yes, this is _the_ standard and it is also the _only_ one. Before this turned
out as an RFC there was a long range of "draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl*"
documents. Before those drafts, it was done usuing the
do-as-you-think-is-right approach which was terrible.

> What is the standard that libcurl adheres to?

RFC4217!