Re: Passing raw data through a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 00:36:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Karl M wrote:

> Here is a first installment for a connect_only patch. Please take a look at
> it and comment.

> Perhaps CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET would be better that CURLINFO_SOCKET, to
> emphasize that it is the most recently used socket for the session handle.

Yes, I think it would make sense to have that somewhat clearer by stating it
in the name itself. I would also appreciate some docs for the options, either
as nroff patches or as plain texts that I can insert into the nroff files
manually.

On the patch itself, I have two nits:

o It doesn't apply. It looks like it was line wrapped at a couple of places
   and some lines starts at column 0 which makes them illegal diff format...

o Don't use INVALID_SOCKET to indicate a bad socket (since it isn't
   available on all systems), use CURL_SOCKET_BAD. Or... Hm, that's what is
   returned to the user if there's no socket available. Now that is a fun
   little excersize. Perhaps just returning -1 there (since it after all is a
   'long' and not a socket type) would make most sense.

In general it looks fine to me, but I'd really like to apply it first and read
some of the code with the code applied before I comment any further.