Defines/ifdefs name-scope

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:58:36 +0100

I'm planning to change some of the defines we are right now using in
curls' code base, as a step towards having our source code defines and
ifdefs belong to our own name-scope.

At this stage I'm looking at HAVE_WINDOWS_H, HAVE_WINSOCK2_H,
HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H and HAVE_WINSOCK_H.

In a first approach HAVE_WINDOWS_H would become CURL_HAVE_WINDOWS_H
and ac_cv_header_windows_h would become curl_cv_header_windows_h.

But the problem is what to do with cares. Should we also use the above
replacements for cares also or should we use CARES_HAVE_WINDOWS_H and
cares_cv_header_windows_h instead ?

Of course HAVE_WINDOWS_H has been used as an example but we would face
the same problem for all of the defines which are common for CURL and
CARES.

Any comments ?

--
-=[Yang]=-