Using cURL as part of a windows application

From: Scott Perry <numist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:37:54 -0800

I'm writing a simple application in VC++ under VS2003, and I am using
libcurl to get metrics for site availability, but I am having trouble
getting https to work.

The application includes curl.h/types.h/easy.h and uses curl_easy_* calls.

What needs to be done to compile with openSSL for https support? I can't
seem to find any documentation on how to do this, especially since I am
statically linking. This program (dll, really) is a module for a metric
gathering system, so I'd like to avoid external dependencies.

./scott