Re: test suite errors of 7.15.2 on debian

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:38:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> in building the curl package for debian i encountered some errors running
> the test suite:

Funny. I'm using debian unstable and I don't get these problems. And I use
valgrind when I run the test cases...

> this is because of the shell script libtool uses to link-on-the-fly the
> binary while it is still not fully installed.

Yes, I always run configure --disable-shared when I debug curl using the test
suite since I find it annoying to not have all the symbols already when gdb is
started on curl.

> | Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

> | 0xb7e90fa4 in Curl_Transfer_at_plt () from /home/cavok/devel/debian/curl/curl/debian/build/lib/.libs/libcurl.so.3

Why is this saying "@plt" here?

Further, can you build with --enable-debug and rerun the test and see with
more details exactly what causes the SIGSEGV in that function?

As you can see in the source code, Curl_Transfer() doesn't do very much...