RE: ??: Socks4 proxy support

From: <Peter_Su_at_trend.com.tw>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:34:40 +0800

Sorry for the late reply,
Thanks your regard, it seems like my first implementation in my local but
unfortunately I also lack a proxy server utility that support
"RFC 1413, The IDENT Protocol" in my hand,
but in my reading, this option seems to have some security issues,
refer this http://rfc.net/rfc1413.html - "Security Considerations"

> The SOCKS4 reference you gave in the code at
> http://socks.permeo.com/protocol/socks4.protocol simply says
> to append the
> user ID to the end of the request packet, making sure it's
> NUL-terminated.
> The attached patch does that, but I don't have a SOCKS4
> server handy to
> test it.

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.