porting to mvs

From: Mark Koehn <mskoehn_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:10:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

  I'm attempting a port of curl/libcurl to z/OS 1.7 ussing the USS subsystem. I was wondering if someone familiar with workings of libcurl could point me to the locations where they would add EBCDIC to ASCII and ASCII to EBCDIC translations from the network and to the network.

  I'm expecting that sending data of the network will be in ASCII and translations would need to be done upon receiving info from the network and prior to placing data on the network.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  -Mark