Binding to Visual Prolog (unicode)

From: Jan de Lint <jg.de.lint_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:28:27 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "David McCreedy" <mccreedytpf_at_msn.com>
To: <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: porting to mvs

> My work has been for the FTP client only, but it lays a lot of the
> groundwork for the other clients.
> I plan to submit my changes for review later this week.
> At present they will allow libcurl to do ASCII/EBCDIC conversions using
> either iconv or a user-specified translation callback, so they should be
> generic enough to work with any EBCDIC platform.

Yes,
Windows unicode apps could also benefit from such a translation callback.
I did bind libcurl to Visual Prolog (www.visual-prolog.com) and had to make
a layer around libcurl to do the translations.
Furthermore, I had to fix two minor issues:
- the void filehandle for the callbacks is only 32 bit and 64 bit would be
much more convenient
- the (very clever!) utility to build a postvar list has an API where some
arguments are both input and output and Visual Prolog doesn't allow that.
All in all no big deal and a phenomenal result.
Thanks for a great library!
Jan