configure and ICC

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:23:18 +0200

Ref http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20060329131257-3826

configure fails to detect incorrect prototypes if CC=icc, at least with icc-9.0.
This is because unlike e.g. gcc a prototope mismatch generates a warning, not
an error. Thus it thinks that gethostbyname_r() takes 5 parameters on Linux
instead of 6 (it detects it ok with gcc, but not with icc).

One way to fix this is to somehow get the option "-we 147" (=make prototype
mismatch an error instead of a warning) shoehorned into $CC for the configure
script, if compiler is icc. I've tested this and it works. I've been staring
at autoconf and the macros, but it isn't obvious to me how to do that, at
least not without getting it set also for the actual build (which might not
be bad though).

-Tor