Re: ebcdic and tpf patches

From: David McCreedy <mccreedytpf_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:58:13 +0000

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>I think leaving it to not be a requirement is fine for now. I mean, you're
>the EBCDIC guy here so I trust your hunch on this one...

Here's the patch for the codeset conversion with optional use of iconv.
The patch also has the curl_[un]escape to curl_easy_[un]escape change.
And a few TPF-platform specific changes including the new file config-tpf.h.

The end-of-line code will be in a later patch, which this patch isn't
dependant upon.

I have one platform-specific concern on this patch.
In ftp.c's isBadFtpString function I've changed the hardcoded 0x0D and 0x0A
to '\r' and '\n' respectively so it works on non-ASCII machines.
I think it should be fine on Windows and Linux platforms but am not sure
about Mac OS.

-David

  • application/octet-stream attachment: patch3