Three current big things

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:59:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

Here's three big "things" happening right now in (lib)curl that I want to
point users' attention to, as we will appreciate testing and feedback on these
things. "Right now" of course means now, and within a few weeks/months ahead.
It is a bit hard to estimate any closer.

NTLM improved

   Michele Bini has improved the NTLM code and I committed his changes to CVS
   yesterday. While this should improve our NTLM ability, the very nature of
   NTLM is somewhat secret and magic...

EBCDIC conversion for FTP

   David McCreedy works on adding support for FTP transfers on EBCDIC systems
   (and specifically IBM TPF).

curl_multi_socket

   This is a new set of functions I'm introducing in my hiper project. They're
   not yet (verified to be) fully working, but maintaining the patch for this
   outside the normal source tree is becoming quite a burdon so I'm aiming at
   committing what I have so far and we'll make sure it doesn't break anything
   existing and then I'll continue working on hiper closer to the CVS version.

The NTLM part is already in CVS and will be part of the next release. The
EBCDIC support is about to go in and will hopefully also be part of the next
release. The multi_socket API will not be officially support in the next
release, but will take some more effort and time first. I've been intending to
release a 7.16.0 version when the *multi_socket() API comes for real but it is
not set in stone.