Re: ebcdic and tpf patches

From: David McCreedy <mccreedytpf_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:12:07 +0000

Attached is a new patch for the EBCDIC and TPF changes to Curl.
It addresses Dan Fandrich's latest feedback detailed below

-David McCreedy

On Thu, Apr 6, 2006 Dan Fandrich wrote:

>Sorry this response is a bit behind, as you've already updated your patch.
>Since it's ftp only, will it handle -Q ?

Yes, it handles -Q.

>The fix in the patch you just posted suffers from the danger that someone
>will add a new select somewhere and forget to call curl_check_signals(),
>too, breaking TPF support. It seems safer to me to create a tpf_select()
>function that does both calls, then use a macro to replace calls to
>select() in the code with tpf_select().

Done.
You might notice that the command line tool uses a different select
replacement on TPF than libcurl does.
That's on purpose.

>I think leaving it as it is too dangerous, especially since this code will
>be active for all platforms. I don't know the best place to put these
>variables from an architectural perspective, but I imagine putting them in
>a SessionHandle would probably solve the problem.

Done.
BTW: The iconv code will be compiled into Curl only by platforms that need
codeset conversion, which is just TPF at this point.

  • application/octet-stream attachment: patch5