Re: CR/LF in URL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 00:29:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

> Indeed, tr works great for this. But I think the issue is not so much with
> *solving* the problem as it is with *finding* the problem...

In general I'm in favour of allowing most weird things as long as libcurl can
work with them "garbage in garbage out" style. But for CR specificly, I think
I'm starting to agree that by accepting them as legal characters within the
URL we only get very weird effects.

I would assume that if you try the same URLs to a http server, you'd get even
strange results as then libcurl would actually send the request with a
trailing CR on the request...

This said, I don't think that wget's behaviour is correct for curl either.
Translating it to %0d is plain wrong for curl. We either accept input or we
reject it, no smoothing over.