Re: curl_multi_socket

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:32:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alexander Lazic wrote:

> What do you think to use the multi-interface for the regular curl-build ;-).

You mean by the use of the CURL_MULTIEASY define?

I would like that define to work, as then we could remove everything
internally that makes a difference between easy and multi and we could always
assume multi everywhere. I don't see this happening anytime soon though, since
there's very little work on this and there's not much immediate benefit for
anyone to motivate people to work on it. I believe the 3rd party FTP transfers
are the biggest obstacles for that to work.

If you mean by using plain multi interface from the command line tool, then
sure that is certainly also something I want done. We could then very easily
have the command line tool (optionally) transfer many files both ways
simultaneously, instead of doing them one by one in a serial fashion as it
works today. That is of course more of a subject for the curl-users list...
:-)