linking against libcurl on windows *hides*

From: Chris Baechle <bangular_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:40:31 -0400

I normally program on *nix operating systems and have used libcurl in
projects sucessfully on *nix dozens of times. I have to do a project
on windows and need libcurl. I've been downloading various libcurl
packages for windows on the download page all day and can not figure
out how to link libcurl.dll to my program. I keep getting linker
errors. With gcc it's pretty straightforward how to explicitly use
libraries. On windows, it seems you are supposed to use regsvr32 to
register it, and after that I have know clue how to do the gcc
equivalent of -l. Regsvr32 keeps given me an "libcurl.dll was loaded,
but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not
be registered". I've used regsvr32 before and have been able to
successfully register libraries, but libcurl won't register. Msdn says
that error means its not a valid dll. However, I even tried to
register open office's libcurl.dll with the same results (and
obviously that one is a valid dll).

I know this might not be a libcurl question specifically, but posting
on a Visual Studio forum won't get much help other than "Contact the
libcurl packager".

Here are the specific errors when compiling...

Linking...
c.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00028E) "extern "C" void
__cdecl curl_easy_cleanup(void *)" (?curl_easy_cleanup@@$$J0YAXPAX_at_Z)
referenced in function __catch$?main@@$$HYAHXZ$0

(then a few lines with more of the same)