Re: cross-compiling the curl library for PPC?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:41:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> it does *not*, however, guarantee that *those* are the directories from
> which the header files and/or libraries will be obtained if those same files
> are found earlier on the search paths. (which is, in fact, exactly what
> happens if you're trying to cross-compile with ELDK 3.1.1.)

Aha. So you have a set already installed in the default search paths you don't
want found?

It makes me wonder why you don't move them away so that the compiler and
linker don't find them, as you obviously don't want to use them.

> what's missing that would solve this problem would be the equlvalent of:
>
> --with-ssl-libs=
> --with-ssl-headers=
>
> which would *force* the selection of those files.

I agree, if we'd had those options all your problems would've been solved
instantly. I wouldn't object to a patch adding them!