Re: SSL on windows question!

From: Wei Weng <wweng_at_kencast.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:51:54 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006, Wei Weng wrote:
>
>> And the output I get is:
>
>> SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
>> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
>> verify failed
>
>> The bundle.crt is just ca-bundle.crt file I copied and renamed from
>> the source.
>
> As is explained in the URL that was shown, your server's certificate
> cannot be verified using the cacert bundle.

D'oh. I thought the certificate carried by default by apache should be
able to be verified, but obviously I was wrong. :)

I used https://www.google.com/index.html, and it worked for that curl
command line.

Ahh and I just found out what was wrong with my code.

I had this

        curl_easy_setopt(m_conn, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
CURL_SSLVERSION_DEFAULT);

And it used to work with the older libcurl, but not for the 7.15.1.

Can daniel explain a bit why?

Thanks

Wei