Re: [url open] open url in default browser?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:28:20 -0700

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 05:41:33PM +0200, Andre Krause wrote:
> Hello!
> i already used curl with good success on http POST some data for
> highscore uploading in my game ( http://www.gravytris.de ).
>
> does curl has a function to open a url in the systems default browser?

Curl isn't involved at that level of operation. There's no cross-distribution
way to reliably open the system default browser. Each distribution will have
its own way that works. There is probably a standard way on Gnome systems
and another on KDE systems. I've seen several distributions supply a script
called htmlview that takes an URL as an argument and opens a browser; that
would be a simple (but hardly foolproof) way that has a reasonable chance of
success.

>>> Dan