Re: [patch] preliminary high_speed_limit patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:12:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Peter wrote:

> patch promised in previous letter.

Looks fine, thanks! Please make sure that you use the proper indent level (==
2 spaces) and line lengths (< 80 columns) in future submissions - I've edited
it now. I do however miss the documentation for these new options. Can you
write up a little patch for docs/libcurl/curl_easy_setopt.3 please?

Also, when thinking about it I think we should rather make the functions
accept a 'curl_off_t' rather than a plain long to allow apps to specify really
huge amounts on systems that support such. Can you think of any downsides with
that?

To prevent the option names from getting overly long then, I suggest we call
them

  CURLOPT_MAX_SEND_SPEED_LARGE and
  CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE

Oh, and if you provide me with your full real name I'll make sure to give you
proper credit for this change.

In case anyone cares, the attached file is the current state of the upcoming
change.