How to statically link openssl to libcurl so that libcurl would use the right version of openssl

From: Hongbo Li <hongbol_at_nortel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:46:23 -0400

Hi,

I currently hit an issue that during using SUN SSHD ( which uses openssl
0.9.7), the sshd uses my nssswitch module. My module is built to
dynamically load libcurl while the libcurl statically links openssl
0.9.8a (libssl.a and libcrypto.a). I got a core dump and realized that
when libcurl uses openssl functions, it still picks up ones from the
libcrypto loaded by sshd, the version is 0.9.7. It is expected to use
the version of openssl 0.9.8

How I can build libcurl to ensure that it will only use the version of
openssl built into libcurl and will not use the one loaded by the
driving program (in my case, SUN SSHD)?

Thanks,

Hongbo Li