RE: How to statically link openssl to libcurl so that libcurl would use the right version of openssl

From: Hongbo Li <hongbol_at_nortel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:32:22 -0400

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information. I did a quick test based on what you suggest
using a simple program before I re-build my libcurl with openssl:

1. I have toto.cxx that has one function called: toto() {cout << "static
toto" << endl;}
2. I create an archive say toto.a has the toto.o
3. I have toto1.cxx that has one functin called toto() {cout <<"shared
toto"<<endl;}
4. I create a shared libtoto1.so
5. I have use_toto.cxx that has one function called use_toto() {
toto();}:
6. I create a shared libuse_toto.so that statically link to toto.a
g++ --enable-hidden-symbols -shared -o libuse_toto.so -L./ -ltoto
./use_toto.o

7. My main program test.cxx calling use_toto()
I would like to always see the output of "static toto" but the output
depends on the order of linking toto1.so and use_toto.so

I will see "shared toto" when I do this
g++ -o test -L./ -ltoto1 -L./ -luse_toto test.o

I will see "static toto"
g++ -o test -L./use_toto -L./ -ltoto1 test.o

Did I use the option --enable-hidden-symbols correctly?

Thanks,

Hongbo.