Cookie path matching case sensitivity

From: Ates Goral <agoral_at_voicegenie.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:39:10 -0400

cURL's cookie path matching seems to be case insensitive. Is this a bug
or a design decision? What does the cookie spec say about this? Is it
left to the implementation or is there a well defined standard for this?
I'm sorry for asking the question about the spec instead of making a
claim that this is a bug/feature because I couldn't readily find a solid
statement in the cookie spec…

To illustrate:

1) First fetch response contains:
Set-Cookie: CookieTester=abcedffffff; Path=/mytest/DAApp

2) Second fetch response contains:
Set-Cookie: CookieTester=opqqqqqqqqqqq; Path=/mytest/da

3) The third request contains both cookies:
GET http://example.com /mytest/DAApp/page3.jsp HTTP/1.0
Cookie: CookieTester=opqqqqqqqqqqq; CookieTester=abcedffffff;

Thanks!
Ates