Re: A problem with SPNEGO

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:52:19 -0700

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:11:11PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I think I recall that there was a suspected memory leak in there, but I've
> forgot the details over time.

Here are the notes I made at the time (Feb. 2005). The line numbers refer
to the file http_negotiate.c:

    While looking through the code, I saw what looks like a memory leak in
    the GSS code in http_negotiate. There seem to be a number of cases of
    mallocs that don't appear to be freed in some code paths. The
    Curl_base64_decode into input_token.value is one of them (there should
    probably be a free at line 199), but there are other ones as well
    (spnegoToken isn't freed at line 209). I don't know enough about the gss
    API to know whether it takes ownership of these pointers so freeing isn't
    necessary or not, so I didn't check in any fixes.

>>> Dan