Re: FTP SIZE command?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:55:34 +0200

>> in fact, disabling the check itself would maybe not be that bad...
>> because of the SIZE dependence on TYPE :( as I do a LIST command I
>> presumed that I could give the size, but in fact it is not sure at all
>> that at would be OK (however I expect to make only binary transfers, so
>> there should not be problems)
>
> As you will see libcurl doesn't use SIZE before LIST.
yes, i wanted to say that the structure of my program (a folder
differentiation tool in this case), is to first list ftp folders so I do a
LIST command, and i have the sizes and I thought that libcurl really needed
them, so that's why I wanted to provide them.
but if I can find another way (parsing the RETR response line potentially,
if I understood you well), it's cool.

Armel