Re: FTP SIZE command?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 01:03:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

> first list ftp folders so I do a LIST command, and i have the sizes and I
> thought that libcurl really needed them, so that's why I wanted to provide
> them. but if I can find another way (parsing the RETR response line
> potentially, if I understood you well), it's cool.

The thing is just that I find it unlikely that people and apps in general will
know the size on beforehand and want to pass that to libcurl to avoid the SIZE
and still get a reliable size check. That's why I dislike the idea of having
the API that way.

The RETR size parser is already in libcurl the way I described.