Re: curl and firewall

From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:59:29 -0700

On 8/14/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Kevin Carothers wrote:
>
> > Won't the "-u" option work for this?
>
> Please don't top post, it is very hard to understand what you're referring
> to.
> What would -u work for? It certainly won't work for enabling active FTP.
>
> --
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Whoops! Sorry- I get careless about that with web-based email these days.

Anyway- Just wanted to throw it out there that if his authentication was
timing-out at the firewall, he could *try* sending a curl cmd to
authenticate. Example; I use a curl script that runs on a 5- minute timer
to an external web site just to make sure my company firewall knows I'm
still here.

Just trying to help
KC