RE: Unknown SSL protocol error

From: Winslow, Dave - OJA <Dave.Winslow_at_wisconsin.gov>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:43:07 -0500

> Yes that's my assumption. Either not setup correctly or simply
> malfunctioning.

Ok Dan - I appreciate your looking at this. I'm not sure what leads
you to your conclusion (something in the output no doubt) ... and I'm
not exactly sure what the "TLS test" did - because I don't know a
great deal about FTP over SSL.

I have some additional information from my colleague -
CuteFTP 7.1 Professional build 06.07.2005.1 works to put and get
files (using SSL and x509 certificates) to this very same server.
We want to use libCurl however because we can script the needed
functionality and call it from our web application.

Unfortunately, the server that we are using to do our uploads is
not under our direct control (getting someone to look at it is hard) -
so if you are right, and it is not setup correctly it is going to be
difficult to discover that.

Dave.