Re: Setting proxy type using CURLOPT_PROXY?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:07:43 -0700

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 11:48:58PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> It is safe that it will continue to ignore the protocol part of _PROXY
> strings as suddenly starting to care about it will break lots of existing
> apps and I make an effort in introducing changes in manners that don't do
> that.

Are you keeping a list of such changes that would be nice to make when it
becomes safe to do so? Every once in a while a nice clean-up item like
this comes up on the list, but it's too disruptive to make. If it ever
becomes necessary to break backward compatibility and move to libcurl.so.4,
all of these kind of changes could be done in one go.

>>> Dan