CURLFORM_BUFFER vs CURLFORM_PTR

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:16:27 -0400

I asked a question in another thread that got lost. My fault for putting
it in the wrong thread but I'd still like to know the answer. I've read
and reread the docs and it's just not clear. Here's the original question:

I'm a little confused about the differences between CURLFORM_BUFFER* and
CURLFORM_PTR*. I'm currently using CURLFORM_PTRNAME,
CURLFORM_PTRCONTENTS, and CURLFORM_CONTENTSLENGTH to make multipart
forms and it seems to be working fine. What's the difference between
that and CURLFORM_BUFFER/CURLFORM_BUFFERPTR/CURLFORM_BUFFERLENGTH?

Thanks,
MB