RE: Winsock and CURL

From: Sonia Subramanian <sonia_subramanian_at_symantec.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:09:15 -0700

Hi,

The reason for my question is that on Win CE we are setting the local
port. We have only 2 ports available to us. So we want to keep a port
open all thru the connection. If Winsock releases a socket, reconnecting
on the same local port has a 3 minute delay that we want to avoid. So we
basically want to say we have connected here at the start of the session
and keep that going until we exit the application. If I use just one
CURL structure and init it at the start and do the cleanup at the end -
will I be using just one socket all thru - since we will specify the
local port using the CURLOPTs?

Thanks,
Sonia.