Re: Javascript

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:38:28 -0500

> I found some web pages with a lot javascript and ... I need to
> "render" the html with all of window.open and scripts...and parse
> all the content…

The spider monkey library can parse and interpret javascript, but
unfortunately it has no concept of a DOM, that is something you
would likely have to implement yourself, since neither spidermonkey
nor libcurl has any notion of what a "window" is, or how to "open" it.

http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/

If you only deal with a relatively small subset of javascript from a few
specific sites, it might be easier to figure out manually what the scripts
are trying to do, and let your program take the approriate action.

 - Jeff