Removing support for FTP third party transfers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:51:29 +0200 (CEST)

Heya friends,

I've just now disabled the test cases for the FTP 3rd party transfers so that
we might not have to see all those reds in the autobuild tables.

When we detached the connections from the easy handles, the 3rd party
transfers broke somewhat, or rather they are 99% fine they just don't send
QUIT on one of the connections properly when complete.

So now the qustion: is there any user of FTP third party transfers around?

The current implementation of it is, well to put it nicely, not in a perfect
state[*] and I have this nudging feeling that it simply is a lot of awkward
code and painful maintaing without benefit to very many users.

To put it short: I seriously consider ripping it out. Would that upset anyone?

[*] = The main things I don't like about it is that it is blocking and that it
doesn't use the existing (state-machine) functions for RETR, STOR etc and thus
it doesn't use EPTR or EPSV correctly.