RE: Implications?

From: Ravi Pratap <Ravi.Pratap_at_hillcrestlabs.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:35:19 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se]
> On Behalf Of Michael Wallner
> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 8:55 AM
> To: curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
> Subject: Re: Implications?
>
> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> > An interesting test would be if you modified
lib/url.c:Curl_mk_connc()
> > to make a connection cache with more entries than you do transfers,
> > see if that is the culprit of these problems (which I suspect).
>

> I set a hard connection cache limit of 50, but unfortunately the
problem
> doesn't completely go away. I still get 1-2 "couldn't connect to
server"
> errors, funnily usually hotmail.com and oracle.com (even randomly
ordered).

That's definitely a bug related to the new pipelining code. Daniel and I
are currently figuring this out. It would really be helpful if you could
send us your code as an example program that demonstrates the bug.

Thanks,

Ravi.