Re: PROT P for ftps://

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:32:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

>> You want to call curl_easy_setopt with CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, not use an ftps:
>> URL.

> the problem if I do not specify ftps: is that it does not try to connect to
> right default port

Well of course, ftps:// is port 990 and ftp:// is port 21 by default.

> in fact specifying port 990 will not work either as
> CURLOPT_FTP_SSL=CURLFTPSSL_ALL seems to expect clear text at start

Yes, as that's how RFC4217 says it should work.

> nonetheless, avoiding completely ftps, connecting to ftp: normal port, using
> CURLOPT_FTP_SSL=CURLFTPSSL_ALL, and using AUTH SSL works with FileZilla. but
> i'd be happy to have also ftps work out of the box.

ftps works like this on other servers, but the RFC way of using FTP-SSL is
what you do with ftp://, so the ftps:// approach is not really specified and
works in different ways. I don't see how we can make ftps:// to work with all
the different ideas different servers think it means.